St. John XXIII College Preparatory invites applications for a full-time English teaching position beginning August 2019. Highest priority is given to candidates with a degree in English and experience at high school level. Working at St. John XXIII College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school, located in Katy, Texas. St. John XXIII shares the mission of the Catholic Church to hand down the teachings of Jesus Christ. St. John XXIII is a community whose vocation is to educate and form the mind, body, spirit, and imagination of our students.
St. John complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and considers reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to support and live out the values of the Gospel publicly as taught by the Catholic Church
- Willingness to incorporate Catholic teaching in English instruction at the high school level
- Teach multiple sections of English
- Collaborate with colleagues on English curriculum, instruction and assessments
- Hold regular office hours and meet with students who need assistance
- Communicate regularly with parents, counselors, and administrators to ensure the success of each student
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Fulfill periodic substitution and prefecting responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area
- Experience teaching at high school level
- Knowledge of the latest pedagogies for teaching English
- Experience with use of educational technologies in classroom
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Practicing Catholic preferred
- A Secondary School Teaching Credential and or Master’s degree
- This position is classified as a Regular Full-Time position
- This position is eligible for benefits
- While being a Catholic is not required acceptance of the Church’s moral teachings is required.
: Please send resume, and cover letter to HR@sj23lions.org
with “English Teacher” in the subject line of email.