Long-Term Art Sub
St. John XXIII College Preparatory invites applications for a full-time Long-Term substitute Art teaching position beginning April 2019. Highest priority is given to candidates with a degree in Art and experience at high school level. Working at St. John XXIII College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school, located in Katy, Texas. St. John XXIII shares the mission of the Catholic Church to hand down the teachings of Jesus Christ. St. John XXIII is a community whose vocation is to educate and form the mind, body, spirit, and imagination of our students.
St. John complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and considers reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to support and live out the values of the Gospel publicly as taught by the Catholic Church
- Willingness to incorporate Catholic teaching in Art instruction at the high school level
- Teach multiple sections of Art
- Collaborate with colleagues on Art curriculum, instruction and assessments
- Hold regular office hours and meet with students who need assistance
- Communicate regularly with parents, counselors, and administrators to ensure the success of each student
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Fulfill periodic substitution and prefecting responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area
- Experience teaching at high school level
- Knowledge of the latest pedagogies for teaching Art
- Experience with use of educational technologies in classroom
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A Secondary School Teaching Credential and or Master’s degree
- This position is not eligible for benefits
: Please send resume, and cover letter to HR@sj23lions.org
with “Long-Term Substitute Art Teacher” in the subject line of email.