2020-2021 St. John XXIII College Preparatory Athletic Protocol and GuidelinesGame Day Communication: Visiting Team
1. Visiting Team will communicate via email or phone call with SJ23 Athletic Director that all participants (coaches, players, managers, athletic training staff) coming to compete are COVID-19 symptom free.
2. Visiting Team will communicate via email or phone with SJ23 Athletic Director that all participants are in compliance with COVID-19 contact guidelines.
3. Visiting Team will communicate via email or phone with SJ23 Athletic Director that all spectators have been communicated to about self-screening process prior to coming to St. John XXIII.
4. Visiting Team communication will happen prior to 11:00 A.M of scheduled contest.Game Day Communication: St. John XXIII College Preparatory
1. St. John XXIII will confirm with the visiting team that all participants are COVID-19 symptom free.
2. St. John XXIII will confirm that all helpers, scorekeepers, ball handlers are COVID-19 symptom free.
3. St. John XXIII will confirm with the game day official’s assignor that all officials are COVID-19 symptom free.
4. St. John XXIII will confirm that all of the aforementioned individuals are also in compliance with Covid-19 close contact guidelines. What is Affirmation?
a. Do not have Covid-19 symptoms
b. have not been lab confirmed with COVID-19 positive
c. Have not been in close contact with an individual who is lab confirmed COVID-19 positive
a. All spectators will need to self-screen and affirm that they are COVID-19 symptom free
b. All spectators in accordance with Executive Order GA-29 will wear a face covering while in the building.
2. Visitor Arrival to St. John XXIII
a. All visiting players will be required to wear a face covering while entering the building, the face covering must remain on, until they are actively participating in a competition.
b. St. John XXIII will provide one locker room for the visiting team. The provided locker room will be limited to no more than 15 players at one time.
c. St. John XXIII WILL NOT provide any warm up areas outside of the gym, please do not warmup in the foyer area of the competition gym or in any hallways on campus.
d. St. John XXIII strongly suggests that the visiting team spectators leave the gym once they are done watching their athlete play.
e. St. John XXIII will provide seating behind the team benches for team members that are not playing involved in the game being played.
f. Visiting teams that are waiting to play or have completed their games will not sit in the bleachers.
3. Admission to Games:
a. St. John XXIII will provide 70 tickets to the visiting team. Tickets must be purchased prior to arrival. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
b. Spectators will have their previously purchased ticket scanned upon arrival.
c. All visiting spectators will sit in a marked spot in the visitor section of the bleachers.
4. Game Time Procedures:
a. Teams will not switch benches during the match.
b. Each bench will have 15 chairs, 2 feet apart from each other.
1. all non-active coaches, managers, and players will wear masks during the match.
2. Head Coach and 6 players on the court DO NOT have to wear masks
3. All coaches, managers, or players who can not fit in the 15 chairs will need to sit in the seats that are designated for teams that are not competing.
c. Teams will not switch sides of the court
d. A 3 ball rotation will be used for all Varsity games, and tried to use for all sub-varsity games
e. Substitutions should be made at the service line
5. End of Game:
a. Teams will make across the net gesture of sportsmanship
b. St. John XXIII team will remain in the gym.
c. Visiting team will gather in the area that was designated upon arrival
d. ALL SPECTATORS will EXIT the gym and school building and wait for athletes outside.