2020-2021 St. John XXIII College Preparatory Athletic Protocol and Guidelines
Game Day Communication: Visiting Team
1. Visiting Team will communicate via email or phone call with SJ23 Athletic Director that all participants (coaches, players, managers, athletic training staff) coming to compete are COVID-19 symptom free.
2. Visiting Team will communicate via email or phone with SJ23 Athletic Director that all participants are in compliance with COVID-19 contact guidelines.
3. Visiting Team will communicate via email or phone with SJ23 Athletic Director that all spectators have been communicated to about self-screening process prior to coming to St. John XXIII.
4. Visiting Team communication will happen prior to 11:00 A.M of scheduled contest.
Game Day Communication: St. John XXIII College Preparatory
1. St. John XXIII will confirm with the visiting team that all participants are COVID-19 symptom free.
2. St. John XXIII will confirm that all helpers, scorekeepers, ball handlers are COVID-19 symptom free.
3. St. John XXIII will confirm with the game day official’s assignor that all officials are COVID-19 symptom free.
4. St. John XXIII will confirm that all of the aforementioned individuals are also in compliance with Covid-19 close contact guidelines.
What is Affirmation?
1. Self-Screening: a. Do not have Covid-19 symptoms b. have not been lab confirmed with COVID-19 positive c. Have not been in close contact with an individual who is lab confirmed COVID-19 positive
1. Football Game/Scrimmage
a. All spectators will need to self-screen and affirm that they are COVID-19 symptom free
b. All spectators in accordance with Executive Order GA-29 will wear a face covering while attending and SJ23 event.
2. Visitor Arrival to St. John XXIII
All visiting players will be required to wear a face covering once they exit the bus, the face covering must remain on, until they are actively participating in warmups and competition.
a. St. John XXIII will provide our practice gym and weight room area for the visiting team to change into their gear and prepare for the game.
b. St. John XXIII will provide a cow with ice and water, and additional refills
c. St. John XXIII will provide injury ice and bags
d. Visiting team will have their athletic trainer communicate with Brittany Loyd email@example.com prior to the game/scrimmage day if there are additional sports medicine needs
e. The faculty restrooms in the foyer of the practice gym will be used by the staff of the visiting team and their players
f. St. John XXIII will provide hand sanitation stations in the practice gym area.
Admission to Games:
a. St. John XXIII will provide 171 seats to the visiting teams for the scrimmage, no ticket required (Please disregard part b and c for the scrimmage).
b. St. John will provide 171 tickets to the visiting team. Tickets must be purchased prior to arrival. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
c. Spectators will have their previously purchased ticket scanned upon arrival.
d. All visiting spectators will sit in a marked spot on the visitor side of the field.
e. All spectators must sit in the bleachers.
f. Only game administrators, officials, coaches, athletic trainers, and players will be allowed on the field.
End of Game:
a. Coaches will come to an agreement prior to the game as to how they will signify a level of sportsmanship.
b. St. John XXIII will remain on the field
c. Visiting team will gather in the practice gym area and weight room
d. ALL SPECTATORS will EXIT the athletic facility and wait for athletes in their vehicles
St. John XXIII College Preparatory forms the hearts and minds of young men and women in a Christ-centered community dedicated to academic excellence, the pursuit of virtue, and service to others in the Tradition of the Catholic Church.