December 15, 2020
Saint Marie di Rosa
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Friends,
As we complete this last week of the semester, please join me in encouraging your students to finish strong. It is more important than ever for students to focus on completing their classwork this term in good order. Please accept my genuine thanks for your perseverance in weathering the peaks and valleys of this most unusual semester.
Upon our return from Thanksgiving break, we experienced attendance fluctuations for various reasons related to our planned responses to the COVID-19 situation. We were able to manage the circumstances surrounding those who tested positive successfully. Therefore, despite the relatively small number of positive tests in late November, the actual number of quarantined students and new voluntary remote selections caused a significant strain to our faculty as they worked diligently to provide a high-quality education. Even though in-person instruction is always our preferred method, a situation in which attendance fluctuates dramatically makes teaching and learning quite challenging.
The health and safety of everyone at school remains our top priority. Therefore, we have decided that our return from Christmas break will begin with remote instruction for everyone for the first week.
- Teachers will return to school on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- First Day of Remote Classes – Tuesday, January 5, 2021 – Crimson Day
- January 6, 2021 – Gold
- January 7, 2021 – Crimson
- January 8, 2021 – Gold
- All students must attend classes synchronously – this means students will login on time at the start of each class and stay logged in until dismissed by the teacher.
- We will return to in-person instruction on Monday, January 11, 2021, which will be a Crimson day.
We will continue to provide you timely information regarding the second semester via email, and I truly appreciate your prayers and support for St. John XXIII College Preparatory.
Sincerely in Christ,