Head Tennis Coach
Applications are being accepted for the head tennis coach position in our Athletic Department, beginning upon hiring. Highest priority is given to candidates with head coaching experience at the secondary level.
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is an independent, co-educational, Catholic high school, located in the greater Houston suburb of Katy, Texas. Founded in 2001, our mission rests on Four Pillars which reflect the papacy of our patron, Pope St. John XXIII. This is accomplished by forming students into men and women of character, equipping them to be successful in this life through rigorous academic study, and by fostering a love for Christ with an identity rooted in Him.
Working at St. John XXIII College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
Our school complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and considers reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Willingness to support and live out the values of the Gospel as taught and proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church, as an example to the community.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Pillars of the school’s mission, oboedientia, pax, virtus, and renovati are developed within the school community.
- Prepare and teach the game of basketball.
- Collaborate with colleagues regarding basketball, instruction, and assessments.
- Maintain regular office hours and meet with students who need assistance
- Communicate regularly with parents, and athletic administrator.
- Pursuit of professional growth opportunities.
- Commitment to pray for one’s students and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience coaching at secondary level
- Experience with educational technologies and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Catholic secondary school teaching experience.
- Ability to lift twenty pounds, using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or move about the gymnasium and campus as needed.
- Ability to use a keyboard (or an alternative input device) and other office equipment.
- Ability to read information, both in printed material and on a computer screen, often for extended periods of time.
- This position is classified as – Part Time Contract.
- This position is not eligible for the employee benefits package.
: Please send resume, and cover letter to HR@sj23lions.org
with “Tennis Coach” in the subject line of email