St. John XXIII College Preparatory invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist position beginning August 2019. Highest priority is given to candidates with experience at high school level. Working at St. John XXIII College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school, located in Katy, Texas. St. John XXIII shares the mission of the Catholic Church to hand down the teachings of Jesus Christ. St. John XXIII is a community whose vocation is to educate and form the mind, body, spirit, and imagination of our students.
St. John complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and considers reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to support and live out the values of the Gospel publicly as taught by the Catholic Church
- Willingness to incorporate Catholic teaching in daily tasks at the high school level
- Campus coordinator for Safe Environment Training
- Establish and maintain open communication and professional relationships with students, parents, teachers and administrators
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the culture and climate of the school
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Occasional after school or after-hours duties
- Ability to perform the job safely with respect to others, property, and individual safety
- Work on various duties that the Principal may assign
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working at high school level
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Skills in interpersonal relations with students, parents, teachers and staff
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or move around the office as needed
- Ability to safely and comfortably travel around our campus
- Ability to use a keyboard (or an alternative input device) and other office equipment
- Ability to read information in printed material and on a computer screen, often for extended periods of time
- This position is classified as a Regular Full-Time position
- This position is eligible for benefits
: Please send resume, and cover letter to HR@sj23lions.org
with “Administrative Assistant/Receptionist Position” in the subject line of email.