The HSPT is a placement test given to students entering high school. Incoming ninth-grade students must take the HSPT OR the ISEE and have their scores sent to St. John XXIII College Preparatory in order to be considered for admission.
- HSPT measures cognitive and basic skills. The exam consists of five sections – Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading (Comprehensive and Vocabulary), Mathematics, and Language.
- The exam fee is $55.
- Calculators are not allowed during the test.
- Check-in will begin at 7:45 a.m.
- The exam begins promply at 8:30 a.m.
- Plan for the exam to take approximately 3 - 3 1/2 hours.
- You are awarded points only for the questions that you answer correctly. No points will be deducted for wrong answers, so it is best to guess if you are not sure of the answer.
- St. John XXIII School Code is 20.
HSPT/ISEE MAKE-UP TEST - SJ23 Campus
Saturday, January 25. Check-in begins at 7:45 a.m.The test begins at 8:30 a.m and takes between 3 to 3 1/2 hours to complete. The registration deadline is Friday, January 24. Register HERE for the HSPT
St. John XXIII College Preparatory offers partial scholarships to the leading students who apply for their freshman year and/or their transfer year. These scholarships are based on information gathered from the application that includes entrance test scores, transcript, and teacher recommendations. In addition to the completed application and information, a resume is required.
To be considered for a scholarship:
- Submit a completed admissions application;
- Submit a resume to email@example.com;
- Resumes must be received no later than January 15.