The HSPT is a placement test given to students entering high school. Incoming ninth-grade students must take the HSPT OR the ISEE and have their scores sent to St. John XXIII College Preparatory in order to be considered for admission.
HSPT TESTING DATES - on SJ23 campus
- HSPT measures cognitive and basic skills. The exam consists of five sections – Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading (Comprehensive and Vocabulary), Mathematics, and Language.
- The exam fee is $55, or $75 for individual administration.
- Calculators are not allowed during the test.
- Check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. and all students will begin the test by 8:30 a.m.
- Plan for the exam to take approximately 3 - 3 1/2 hours.
- You are awarded points only for the questions that you answer correctly. No points will be deducted for wrong answers, so it is best to guess if you are not sure of the answer.
- St. John XXIII School Code is 20.
Saturday, January 11, 2020
The registration deadline is Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Register HERE for the HSPT
HSPT/ISEE MAKE-UP TEST - on SJ23 campus
Saturday, January 25, 2020, 8 a.m-Noon
PROSPECTIVE PARENT BRUNCH
We will host an annual Prospective Parent Brunch during the HSPT testing
on Saturday, January 11, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Parents will have the opportunity to mingle with other prospective parents, hear testimonials from current St. John XXIII students, and meet with school administration. This will be a great opportunity for parents to ask questions one last time prior to decision letters going out in March.
Register HERE for the Prospective Parent Brunch
St. John XXIII College Preparatory is proud to announce that we offer scholarships to the top students applying to St. John XXIII for their freshman year. These scholarships are based upon their application, test scores, GPA, extracurricular activities and recommendations.